- Broad range: 10-175 kDa (Tris-glycine-SDS running buffer)
- Ready-to-use: supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels
- Easy to identify: includes the ~10, ~40 and ~90 kDa reference bands coupled with a blue dyes
- Sharp bands
- Monitoring of protein migration during SDS-PAGE gel electrophoresis.
- Monitoring of protein transfer onto membranes during Western blots.
- Sizing of proteins on SDS-PAGE gels and Western blots.
Approximately 0.2~0.4 mg/ml of each protein in the buffer (20 mM Tris-phosphate, pH 7.5 at 25°C), 2 % SDS, 1 mM Dithiothreitol, 4.8 M Urea, and 12 % (v/v) Glycerol.
The quality of the PiNK Plus Prestained Protein Ladder is tested on a lot-to-lot basis to ensure consistent product quality.
PiNK Plus Prestained Protein Ladder Protocol
1. Thaw the ladder either at room temperature or at 37-40°C for a few minutes to dissolve precipitated solids. Do not boil.
2. Mix thoroughly to ensure the solution is homogeneous.
3. Load the following volumes of the ladder on SDS-PAGE gel:
- 5 μl per well for mini-gels, 2.5 μl per well for blots
- 10 μl per well for large gels, 5 μl per well for blots
- Apply more for thicker (> 1.5 mm) or larger gel
Guide for Molecular Weight Estimation (kDa)
Migration patterns of PiNK Plus Prestained Protein Ladder in different electrophoresis conditions are listed below:
- Stable for up to 2 weeks at 25°C.
- Stable for up to 3 months at 4°C.
- For long term storage, store at -20°C.