- Broad range: 10-245 kDa (Tris-glycine-SDS running buffer)
- Ready-to-use: supplied in a loading buffer for direct loading on gels
- Easy to identify: includes the ~25, ~75 kDa reference bands coupled with a green and a red dye
- Sharp bands
- Monitoring of protein migration during SDS-PAGE.
- Monitoring of protein transfer onto membranes during Western blots.
- Sizing of proteins on SDS-PAGE and Western blots.
Approximately 0.1~0.4 mg/ml of each protein in the buffer (20 mM Trisphosphate, pH 7.5 at 25°C), 2 % SDS, 0.2 mM Dithiothreitol, 3.6 M Urea, and 15 % (v/v) Glycerol.
The quality of the BLUeye Prestained Protein Ladder is tested on a lot-to-lot basis to ensure consistent product quality.
BLUeye Prestained Protein Ladder Protocol
1. Thaw the ladder either at room temperature or at 37-40°C for a few minutes to dissolve precipitated solids. Do not boil.
2. Mix thoroughly to ensure the solution is homogeneous.
3. Load the following volumes of the ladder on SDS-PAGE gel:
- 5 μl per well for mini-gels, 2.5 μl per well for blots
- 10 μl per well for large gels, 5 μl per well for blots
Guide for Molecular Weight Estimation (kDa)
Migration patterns of BLUeye Prestained Protein Ladder in different electrophoresis conditions are listed below:
- Stable for up to 2 weeks at 25°C.
- Stable for up to 3 months at 4°C.
- For long term storage, store at -20°C.